Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Chuck E. Cheese Sings 80's


So, yesterday I took my Daughter and Friend to Chuck E. Cheese for an overdue playdate. It was empty because it was a beautiful 72 degrees here in San Jose, CA. and most kids were at the park.. But, a plan was a Plan and to tell kindergartners they would *NOT* be going to Chuckees is not advisable under any circumstances.
But what was most disturbing was not the beautiful weather we were not taking advantage of, or the fact that I spent most of my month's pitiful 'wife allowance' on a medium cheese pizza and tokens, no, the MOST DISTURBING was that Chuck E. Cheese himself was singing 80's tunes. He sang: In A Big Country (Big Country), I'll Tumble 4 Ya (Culture Club), What I Like About You (Romantics) and let's hear it for his BIG intro: 'Everybody Working for the Wknd' (Loverboy). Boy, what SELL-OUTS! Plus, it's making me feel REALLY OLD!
But, I'm making more of an effort to look on the bright side of things, it was a pretty good concert considering we had front row seats. It would have been nice to have my lighter for the slow Lionel Ritchie song 'Lady', not to wave it around at Chuck and band, but to light up a Clinton puff to help handle the fact that a rat was singing about fornication in front of my kids. Though, thankfully, they have no clue what the words really mean and it we rounded off the afternoon with a big skee-ball tournament! Fun!
posted by Mom on the Run @ 11:58 AM |

4 comments

<< Home