Saturday, June 10, 2006

Fatty Dads & Skinny Mom Sitcoms


Yeah Buddy, you don't have anything to apologize for because your sitcom lets you be as fat as you want and gives you a hot skinny Mom to play off your dumb jokes. Now you have a book out that perpetuates the myth of the beer drinking belching Daddy who sits in the recliner while watching football...oh, and still has the hot skinny wife who whines at you and stamps her foot, and oh, isn't she cute? I hope your book FAILS LIKE MOST OF YOUR MOVIES!
Yes, I am bitter. I'm bitter about all these sitcoms and commercials that have all these lard ass Dad's and these anorexic looking wives. I know this has been written about before, but why haven't any changes been made? What do you think the casting agents are saying?
"Okay, we need an actor to play the Dad in this SO not funny sitcom. But, we need something wholesome for our advertisers. So, we need an 'everyday' guy, like John Goodman was in Rosanne. One Big Funny Teddybear! But, wait! Don't make the wife as fat as Rosanne! We don't want America to know the average size for a woman is 14. God No! We need a little eye candy to be in the kitchen and hauling around that laundry basket while she shakes her ta-tas in Juicy Couture sweats. Who should we get?
Jamie Gertz: taken by Still Standing
Leah Remini: taken by King of Queens
Courtney Thorne Smith: taken by According to Jim
Marge: taken by the Simpsons
Okay, it killed me to add that last one, since that's one of my faves. So, here is what I want to see for the next sitcom. Maybe Delta Burke married to Grant Show? She gets all the jokes while he has to play her wing man?
WHY ARE WE MOVING BACKWARDS? THAT'S ALL I'M SAYIN'! I DON'T EVEN WATCH THESE SITCOMS (other than the Simpsons of course) BUT IT MAKES ME SICK TO SEE THIS TREND.
Okay, I'm going to go into a mental collapse if I keep on writing!
posted by Mom on the Run @ 11:48 PM |

22 comments

<< Home