Monday, March 20, 2006

Ding-Dong Ho-Ho Cake


Yes, well I got this idea from the White Trash Mom blog (see my blogroll for link) and decided to make one for Husband for his birthday. It worked out really well, considering I only had about 30 minutes to put it together. Ran out of Ding-Dongs so my niece went to 7-11 and when they had none, she brought back Ho-Ho's. I think they work nicely as 'tiers', don't you? I think this could work for a variety of Hostess yummies, like Snowballs, Twinkies and Suzie Q's, but the calories will kill ya! I'm already thinking about doing a Ho-Ho-Ho! Log Cabin for Christmas (get it?) or you can do just a 'Dong & Ho' bachelorette cake. If you ever do one of these cakes and put it on your blog, let me know and I will give you a shout out!
Recipe for Ding Dong/Ho-Ho Cake
1) Box of Ding Dongs, need double if you are doing a really, really high cake
2) Box or packages of Ho-Ho's.
3) Chocolate frosting to 'paste' them on top of each other: just a dab.
4) Embellishments such as fruit, flowers, or anything crazy!
5) Put in fridge for about 45 minutes, makes it 'set' so it doesn't fall or anything.
Bon Appetite!
posted by Mom on the Run @ 1:58 PM |

9 comments

<< Home