Monday, June 19, 2006

Mommy on the Verge Says Goodbye


Dear All My Blog Readers/Commenters/30 second Bloggers
Yes, tis true. After much thought and sadness, I have come to the conclusion that I cannot keep up my beloved blog anymore. (Start the violins).
Starting and creating this blog was such an adventure and really started my creative juices flowing...and we all know how those can lay dormant as we go on with our lives.
I am not going to bore you with how busy I am, blah,blah, blah, who gives a crap, we are all busy and do this for our creative outlet.
But, I will let you know that I have decided to use the creative time normally spent on blogging to finally try to get some stuff into some magazines. I don't know the whats or the wheres, but I do know that when I turn 40 by the end of the year, I want to have at least one rejection letter in hand to say 'I did it, see, here's proof!' Or who knows, maybe buy myself a Cape Cod and say 'I did it, here's proof!'
When I first started to blog back in Feb., trying to get a comment was trying to squeeze blood from a stone! Shit, that was hard! But, I visited so many of you and left you comments and you stuck with me. I encourage all of you to visit all my commenters blogs, because you all have the same demented personality.
I have really REALLY loved being a part of this blogging community and who knows, maybe I will make it back into the blogging world in some way, shape or form. Blogging is so much more honest and creative than a lot of the crap we read in the print media... its a real lifesaver. And who else is gonna read all of our marriage, dating, baby pooping stories and offer encouragement? Huh? I will leave my blog up for about a week and then...say, it's been fun! I have also donated my 1 day ticket to the BlogHer conference..to some needy college starving blogger.
Okay, I will leave you off with a quote then, given at Santa Clara University's commencement ceremony:
"Now we send you forth on a mission: to confront ignorance with competence; to challenge selfishness with conscience; and to fix what is unjust with compassion. "
Rev. Thomas Reese
posted by Mom on the Run @ 12:06 AM |

24 comments

<< Home