Wednesday, April 19, 2006

And I Raise My Hand


Today, I got a little teary eyed when I heard this song 'Believe' by Brooks and Dunn. Yes, this City Girl likes country music. I think some of the best writings about life are in country songs. Loretta Lynn is one of the best female writers around, but she deserves a post all her own. So, this song is about a boy who befriends an elderly neighbor and listens to the man's stories about his life on an old porch swing (gotta have those porch swings in country songs). This old man tells the boy he has lost his family, but he wasn't sad, because he knows he will see them again someday.*sniff*!
So, time goes by and the small boy is now in college then he gets a call from his mama saying 'old man Wrigley died.' Oh, don't mind me, I'm just crying in my minivan to this country song!
I'm not on overly religious person, but my favorite verse is:
"I can't quote the book, the chaper or the verse
but you can't tell me it all ends in a slow ride in a hearse
they tell me that there is more to life than just what I can see
Oh, I Believe, and I Raise My Hand..
add the gospel singers in the background, and well, like I said, get those hankies out.
On another note: I will be going to BFE to visit the in-laws. Husband always doesn't like me to share too much information on our personal lives, just in case someone might come to follow us and stalk us. Hint: stalker, we will be near a Native American Reservation, somewhere in the Northwest. I will not have computer access for a couple of days, but I will be back soon!
posted by Mom on the Run @ 11:37 PM |

5 comments

<< Home