Thursday, March 30, 2006

Gimmie a Garden Gnome




Do you know sometimes when you want a gift...and no one seems to want to be the one to give it to you? I have been wanting a garden gnome for a looong time, and not just any drugstore/hardware store Gnome, this guy has got to look cute...like the travelocity Gnome!
Everytime I see him on Amazing Race, I say...'oohh, he's soo cute, I want him!' Husband does not seem to thrilled about the idea, he says they are kind of creepy.
One day, when our kitten was lost, I asked a neighbor if I could go into his backyard and look...so he took me in his yard and I had to let out a little 'gasp!' Lo and behold, there were garden gnomes all over his rock fountain and lining his whole garden! They were whistlin' and wheelbarrowin', and laughin' and kissin'...doing all sorts of cute things! He was very happy to talk about all of them and I think they were his little friends...
Right now, as a poor student and mom, I can't justify spending the $30.oo on eBay for him...but then again, sometimes a girl's got to do, what a girl's got to do!
I do have to give credit to the beautiful French movie 'Amelie', whose scenes with the garden gnome surely was the inspiration for Travelocity's ad campaign. I know I'm missing another movie with funny gnome scenes, anybody remember?
posted by Mom on the Run @ 10:42 PM |

14 comments

<< Home