Sunday, May 21, 2006

Beaches & Kleenex


If you ever get a chance to walk along the ocean with friends...please do.

Best 6 Gal Friendship Flicks, OTHER than Beaches (which I still love)
1. Muriel's Wedding (1994 Australia.. a must see)
2. Fried Green Tomatoes (1991)
3. Walking and Talking (1996)
4. Boys on the Side (1995)
5. Chantilly Lace (a HBO? movie)
6. Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants (2005)
I had just five at first, then I remembered 'Sisterhood.' And even though it targeted younger audiences, my girlfriends and I had some serious Kleenex action. I left out Thelma and Louise cause I didn't like the ending, not that I didn't like Brad Pitt though...he should have kept that sexy cowboy persona, it really worked for him.
The guys friendship flicks are no brainers: Shawskhank Redeption, Stand By Me, Wedding Crashers..we could go on and on here.
Am I missing some other films about womens friendships? It seems like they are very few and far between.
posted by Mom on the Run @ 12:57 PM |

11 comments

<< Home